Contact Us | (123) 456-7891
Background Pattern:

Background Color:

FAQs Complete


If you retired or separated from the Navy or Naval Reserve in 1996 or after, you can obtain a CD copy of your record by writing:

Commander Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055

In your request, ensure to include your full name, designator, SSN, current mailing address and signature. The record should arrive within 2-3 weeks.

If you retired or separated before 1996, your record is probably held by the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).

How to obtain records from NPRC?

If internet-enabled, NPRC has a web-based application system which will provide better service by eliminating the mail room process.

Information from these records is available to the individual, or if deceased, to the next of kin. A separate request should be sent for each veteran.

If requesting by mail, you will need to obtain and fill out a Standard Form 180. To fill in the Standard Form 180 (SF 180) properly, you will need to provide the following information: full name under which service was performed, service number and/or Social Security number, branch of service, dates of service, date and place of birth, and grade or rank at time of separation or retirement. Send the completed SF 180 form to:

National Personnel Records Center
Navy Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Phone: (314) 538-4141/3135/3071/3132

Reminder, record retrieval from NPRC can be an arduous process and may take a while.

Post Rating


There are currently no comments, be the first to post one!

Post Comment

Only registered users may post comments.