FY2013 National Defense Authorization Act for (P.L. 112-239);
- Sec. 122. Multi-Year Procurement Authority for Virginia Class Submarine Program (increase of $777 million for 10th submarine in 2014)
- Sec. 125. RCOH Funds for CVN-72, USS Abraham Lincoln ($1.5 billion)
- Sec. 513. Availability of Transition Assistance Advisors to Assist Members of the Reserve who serve on Active Duty for more than 180 Consecutive Days Sec. 601. Fiscal Year 2013 Increase in Military Basic Pay by 1.7%
- Sec. 622. Space-Available Travel for Active Duty, Reserve, retirees and dependents
- Sec. 712. TRICARE Pharmacy Cost-Sharing Rates may not exceed the percentage by which retired pay is increased, i.e. Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA)
- Sec. 4101 and Sec. 4102. Authorizes $500 million for National Guard and Reserve Equipment Account (NGREA)
Passage of H.R. 4045 (P.L. 112-120), Modifying PDMRA DOD Guidelines stating that;
- Post-Deployment/Mobilization Respite Absence (PDMRA) changes shall not apply to current/former reservists whose qualified mobilization commenced before 1 October 2011; requires DOD to pay individuals $200 per day earned.
Passage of H.R. 4155 (P.L. 112-147), the Veterans Skills to Jobs Act, whereby;
- The law directs the head of each federal licensing authority to consider, and authorizes such official to accept, any relevant training received by an individual while serving as a member of the Armed Forces for license requirements.
Passage of H.R. 1627 (P.L. 112-154), the Honoring American Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act, whereby;
- The law contains more than 50 provisions. Highlights include expanded travel reimbursement in rural areas and programs to help homeless veterans.
Passage of S. 3187 (P.L. 112-144), FDA Safety and Innovation Act, whereby;
- TITLE VIII- The GAIN Act of 2012: The law provides incentives for the development of infectious disease products to fight pathogens sustained by servicemembers as a result of combat injuries.
Passage of H.R. 4114 (P.L. 112-198), the Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living-Adjustment (COLA) Act, whereby;
- The law increases the rates of veterans’ disability compensation, and dependency and indemnity compensation for surviving spouses and children.
Passage of H.R. 4057 (P.L. 112-249), the Improving Transparency of Education Opportunities for Veterans Act, whereby;
- The law directs the VA to develop a comprehensive policy to improve outreach and transparency on institutions of higher learning.
Passage of S. 3202 (P.L. 112-260), the Dignified Burial of Veterans Act, whereby;
- The law authorizes VA to furnish a casket or urn for a dignified burial where it is difficult to identify the next-of-kin. The law contains language of S. 2320 directing the American Battle Monuments Commission to provide maintenance of Clark Veterans Cemetery in the Republic of the Philippines. Finally, the law contains language of H.R. 3337/S.1798 which requires the VA and DOD to establish open burn pit registry for service members and veterans.